2.23.2009

My Jesus

This is a song that took more than the usual 15 minutes to write. This one took about an hour all together, I'd say. I plan on recording this later on today (since it's 3:49 a.m.) Anywho, it's called "My Jesus" and these are the 3 verses, I haven't come up with a hook/chorus yet. Enjoy :)

V1- We serve a God so good/ we make up adjectives to explain what we would/ if we had the words/ so glad that He switched my verbs/ I'm no longer chillin' out on the curb/ I dive in the Word/ no gear on, just my birthday suit/ come out with armor on and a horn to toot/ and sin to boot/ When it presents itself as temptation/ tell it "Nah, homie, 'cause I gotta feed the nations"/ God's placement of me was so proper/ gave me the Spirit to sing like the Phantom of the Opera/ I nod to Word, don't bob & weave it like a boxer/ so I can explode like a load of C-4 of your block, bro/ in high school I didn't hide my light in my locker/ now God's dealing with me to be a "door knocker"/ to save the folks that's married to "Eva (evil)" like Tony Parker/ and destroy the work of the enemy and every concoction.../

V2- Some folks are funny when you tell them to be born again/ they think you can't say nothin' just because they raised your "mama 'nem"/ me and God should be the opposite of a homonym/ we should be a synonym since I got His will again/ ...Appreciate the mulligan/ I'm about to start putting on rockin' shows like Ed Sullivan/ my guest tonight is Jesus/ He came to pick up pieces/ of your lost and broken soul/ He used His credit like a Visa/ swiped His card then dipped out/ came back in tres days.../ now I got my 'Bible and my Shout'/so glad I'm with Him/ 'cause I can't do without/ He blesses me, so I bless Him with these words from my mouth/ He's the reason my mind is so sober/ He loves to move me like a Wii controller/ redeemed me, saved me from Malbogia/ and diseases like STD's and e.bola.../

V3- Yeah... I love my God/ He's 3-in-1 man, ain't that odd?/So I'm living a life for Him baby with no facade/ fishing for men like bass and cod/ I'm reeling them in, He's sealing the deal by sending the Spirit/ and these holy words you should be hearing/ before you're found in a hearing/ gasping at the outcome of your sentence/ I pray the lost will all come to repentance/ but until then, I'ma get my Jesus on/ and practice kneeling at His throne/ where the angels roam/ He's the King, big one y'all small fishes/ I bet His throne is Earth-sized, while yours is chrome inches/ your lift kits can't get you to His height, man/ Neither can the success of your rap with 6 hypemen/ your jewels and clothes that's so pricy/ and the girls and cars can't fill you like Christ can/ imagine you had a choice, man/ to choose something nice or a filthy trash can/ well, your choice is the devil or the God-Man/ you want glory or worms like Dennis Rodman?/ I'm speechless but there's more to say/ what more can I say?/ To get you to turn this way?/ Hey./ If you're not, start believing/ You've never met a guy like my Jesus.../ Peace...


thanks for reading.
Schaffer, out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mic that is tight. You need to record this one fo sho. So many people need to hear this. Can't wait to hear the beats to it. Sort of made my own as I was reading it. lol

February 23, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home