1.25.2009

M. Schaffer, Music Artist

So...

Finally.

I checked my music MySpace page the other day to find 2 very important messages. One was from some company that liked my version of "A Milli" (which if you check out www.youtube.com/rescuedfella you can see me performing it live) and wanted to release it on a compilation album. Great news, right? The other message was from a SouthPawl Records, and independent record label based in Nashville, Tennessee. I was kinda shocked at what I saw. There was a greeting, and then the words "love your music!" The person who sent the message, her name is Denise and she's the program director at the label. They're just now starting out, their 1st release will be March 19. They have 2 other artists so far on the label, and they're looking for future talent. I was shocked that they came to my page. She gave me her address and asked me to send her a CD so she could pass it along to the A&R director. She also gave me her email address and asked me to email her and not to reply on MySpace. So of course, I'm excited. Very. Days later, I finally emailed the lady telling her who I was and was following up on what I should do as far as getting her a CD. Turns out, the A&R director himself replies to my email. I e-introduced myself (lol) and asked what kind of talent the label was looking for and what-not, and he gave me his physical address to send the CD to. My dream of becoming a recording artist seems just a bit more real now. I'm not signed to any label, but I definitely see the opportunity. I have to work hard, pray, fast, seek God more, stop screwing up and procrastinating if I want to see this dream come true, and walk in my true calling. I definitely appreciate any support and encouragement sent my way. I think I've surrounded myself with helpful friends who'll cheer me on and watch my dream come alive. Now I just need to get in the studio...

Schaffer, out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home