7.13.2008

Dear Neezy

I know a portion of you. I wanna know all you'll let me learn about you. I wanna be there for you in whatever you're going through. I wanna be the best friend you've ever had. Or try my hardest. I want the relationship we have to reach it's full potential, with the prime being for forever. I don't want it to wither away like all of my other relationships have. I have so much to give to anyone who is willing to receive. I've learned so much from past experiences in life, and I honestly think that with the same commitment and cooperation from the other individual, our relationship could never fail. You've told me a small part about things you've gone through and things you're facing now. I wanna help you be free of the burdens weighing you down right now. I know what it feels like to feel like there's something you can't get rid of. I've fallen so many times over the same thing, I think I'm pitiful. But perfection comes with the continual striving for it. We're human. We make mistakes. The power in an individual comes when there's no denial. You're already past the first part. You know that. The hardest part in it all is always the action of putting it down forever. When you're ready to do it, you'll do it. Hopefully it won't be too late. And I'm not trying to scare you at all. It's just the reality of it all. I don't even know what this is supposed to be about, but it's something I wanted to say to you. Some song lyrics come to mind...

imagine me
Kirk Franklin
Imagine me
Loving what I see when the mirror looks at me cause I
I imagine me
In a place of no insecurities
And I'm finally happy cause
I imagine me

Letting go of all of the ones who hurt me
Cause they never did deserve me
Can you imagine me?
Saying no to thoughts that try to control me
Remembering all you told me
Lord, can you imagine me?
Over what my mama said
And healed from what my daddy did
And I wanna live and not read that page again


Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally finally I can...
Imagine me
I admit it was hard to see
You being in love with someone like me
But finally I can...
Imagine me

Being strong
And not letting people break me down
You won't get that joy this time around
Can you imagine me?
In a world (in a world) where nobody has to live afraid
Because of your love fears gone away
Can you imagine me?


Letting go of my past
And glad I have another chance
And my heart will dance
'Cause I don't have to read that page again


Gone, gone, it's gone, all gone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home